The Heiress Effect (Brothers Sinister, #2) - Courtney Milan This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: July 15, 2013
Series Best Read In Order: Works well as a standalone
Steam Level: Steamy
Pet Peeves: None
Favorite Tropes: Good Secondary Romance, First Came Love

With Courtney Milan’s trademark humor, chemistry, and amazing romance, this book was everything I could want in a historical romance novel. The secondary romance was interesting and fulfilling, without ever taking away from the main story, and I loved getting not one but two Happily Ever Afters in the same story.

The pacing was absolutely perfect, with the romance between Oliver and Jane building gradually as the story progressed, and it wasn’t long before I was just as in love with them as they were with each other.

Even though this is the fourth installment (second full-length novel) of the series, I think it would work admirably as a standalone. It might be obvious to new readers that there are more books available in the series, but I think that they would be able to enjoy this story just fine even if they hadn’t been fortunate enough to read the other installments.

Overall, this book has firmly earned a place on my keeper shelf, and I can see myself re-reading it in the future.

A resounding 5/5 Stars

In fact, I loved it so much, I’m going to give away a Kindle version to one lucky reader. Visit my blog before July 27th to enter to win a Kindle copy of The Heiress Effect!