Bound by Night - Larissa Ione Any first installment into a series can tend to be a little wobbly on its feet at first, especially when the author is known for only one series (and a popular one at that), and this one was no true exception.

I admit, I had a hard time just sitting back and enjoying the book on its own without drawing quite a few comparisons between the characters and events in this book, and the popular Demonica/Lords of Deliverance books. (The vampire venom that results in multiple and unlimited earthshattering orgasms for instance, was almost identical to the *ahem* fluids from a Seminus Demon in her Demonica series, for instance.)

Even so, it had Ms. Ione's trademark chemistry and heat, plenty of action, and a really intriguing storyline and universe.

There were a few things that kept it from being a full-fledged 5-star read, but I'll cover those when I write my full review.

Overall, though, it was a highly entertaining read, and I have no doubt that I'll be following this series for some time.

4/5 Stars