Wicked as She Wants - Delilah S. Dawson This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: April 30, 2013
Series Best Read In Order: Works Well As A Standalone
Steam Level: Steamy
Pet Peeves: “Lost Princess Anastasia” is a wee bit overdone, Tiny Heroine
Favorite Tropes: Enemies To Lovers, Secret Identity, Amazing World-building

With pirates, dirigibles, evil witches, vampires (called Bludmen, thank-you-very-much), lost princesses, power struggles, assassins, and even man-eating unicorns, the world that Ms. Dawson has created fascinated me from the very first page and even after the final sentence, I had to go back and re-read some of my favorite parts, because I simply wasn’t ready to be finished yet.

I loved the forbidden aspect of the romance between Ahna and Casper, but even more than that, I think what really grabbed me in this book was the character development of Ahnastasia herself. She changed, oh so gradually, from the selfish, cold, entitled princess into someone who actually looked at the viewpoints of others, who would sacrifice some of her own happiness to give someone she cared for what they needed, and someone who was willing to challenge the entire foundation of society for what she felt was right. Yet, even with all of those changes, fundamentally, she was still the same person, and by the time the book was done, I couldn’t believe just how much I loved her character, especially given how much I despised her in the beginning.

Casper, as well, was a fascinating character — a charming, handsome rogue, who is obviously a little too fond of the bottle and is rather surprisingly short on temper. The secret he harbors will be instantly recognizable to fans of the series, but I myself had not yet read the first book when I started this one, and the mystery was something I greatly enjoyed.

I could gush about this book for hours (in fact, poor Mr. Romanceaholic has had to listen to me prattle on about it for quite some time, I assure you), but rather than ramble, I will simply say that this is now one of my favorite series, with Casper and Ahnastasia in particular being my favorite couples thus far (having gone back and finally read all of the previous stories in the series), and that I will be fiercely stalking this series for a long time to come.

A resounding 5/5 Stars.