Heiress Without a Cause - Sara Ramsey This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: January 23, 2013
Publisher: Spencerhill Associates, Ltd.
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website:
My Source for This Book: Amazon.com
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Muses of Mayfair
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy
Pet Peeves: Unrealistic Behavior: Historical, Vindictive Ex
Favorite Tropes: Courting Scandal, Hero In Pursuit

There are a lot of historical romances out there with a heroine courting scandal by participating in behavior that is more suitable for males and/or the lower classes, but this is the first one I’ve read with a member of the ton actually treading the boards as an actress — and not just any actress, mind you, but a wildly talented and successful one.

With such a unique storyline, I was hooked from the beginning. While there were admittedly times where I had trouble suspending my disbelief, because to pull off such a feat in real life would be virtually impossible, for the most part, I was able to sit back and enjoy Madeline’s escapades.

My biggest issue with this story was the presence of the dreaded Vindictive Ex, who played the part of our main villain in the story. I despise having a hero’s ex-lovers thrown into the heroine’s face throughout the story, and so this has always been one of my least favorite tropes in romance, and this was no exception.

However, making up for her presence was the fact that Ferguson was besotted with Madeline very early on, and the secondary storylines of both his and Madeline’s families, and the major developments both of their characters made as the story progressed.

In the end, it was a highly entertaining read, and I will definitely be reading more from Ms. Ramsey in the future.

4/5 Stars