To Trust a Thief - Michelle McLean This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: January 21, 2013
Part of a Series: No
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Chaste
Pet Peeves: Too Stupid To Live Moment(s), Love Triangle
Favorite Tropes: Clumsy Heroine, Physically Imperfect or Scarred, Serious Illness or Injury

Though I can’t deny that the book was highly entertaining overall, my final rating would have been higher had it not been for an incredibly too stupid to live moment on the heroine’s part that resulted in a majorly tragic disaster towards the end.

That said, even with the fact that a major event in the end left a sour taste in my mouth, this book was, quite simply, fun. I think partly due to the fact that this was a “sweet” romance, with nothing more than a few kisses and a bit of wandering hands, the main focus was on the escapades of Min and Bryant as they planned and plotted both with and against each other in search for the necklace. It was quite an adventure, when all was said and done, and despite having several of my pet peeves, I still enjoyed it.

Recommended for fans of clumsy heroines whose plans often outshine their abilities, of heroes with tarnished pasts yet golden hearts, and of tons of mischievous adventure, sprinkled with a good dose of chemistry and seasoned with a dash of good old-fashioned romance.

A solid 3.5/5 Stars.