Lucky Penny - Catherine Anderson This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: January 31, 2013
Series Best Read In Order: Works Well As A Standalone
Steam Level: Steamy
Pet Peeves: Overly-Sacrificing Heroine
Favorite Tropes: Forced Marriage

The romance was very slow building, and was far more family-centered than many romances that are popular these days. However, I think this is one of the reasons that it stood out to me amongst the many other books out there featuring marriages of convenience, stubborn heroes, and desperate heroines.

I appreciated that David and Brianna were both honorable people at heart, though I admit at times it bordered on unrealistic, and I truly enjoyed how love came before physical intimacy, despite the fact that they were both clearly attracted to each other.

The tragic story of Brianna’s past and David’s determination to preserve the family he’d grown to love are what really brought this story together, and in the end, I definitely enjoyed it.

Recommended for fans of sacrificing (and headstrong) heroines, stubborn yet good-hearted heroes, and steady, family-centered romance, with just a dash of heat to keep things interesting.

4/5 Stars