Beast Behaving Badly - Shelly Laurenston This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: May 25, 2010 (March 4, 2013 Reissue?)
Publisher: Kensington
Imprint: Brava
Author’s Website: http://www.shellylaurenston.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 5, Pride Series
Series Best Read In Order: Works well as a standalone
Steam Level: Steamy
Pet Peeves: Casual Public Nudity, Quirky Heroine Crossing the Line Into Obnoxious
Favorite Tropes: Opposites Attract, Heroine Constantly Underestimated, Bad Reputation (Hero), Sports Celebrity

If you have never read anything by Shelly Laurenston, be forewarned — there’s nothing else like her books. With a wicked sense of humor, utterly unique characters, tons of snark, more than a touch of casual violence, and just a hint of steam, this book was, in a single word, fun.

Though this is the fifth book in the series, the only real obstacle to a newcomer would be the almost overwhelming cast of characters to keep up with, but overall, I think that it worked quite well as a standalone.

I loved the dynamic between Blayne and Bo, but more than that, I loved all of the shifters and how the interacted with each other. The rivalries between species, as well as the major differences between Blayne and Bo certainly kept things interesting, as did the sub-plot with the kidnappings and pit-fighting.

Highly entertaining, the only real things that pulled my enjoyment down were the casual public nudity and the occasional departure from quirky and into annoying with Blayne’s behavior. Overall, however, I couldn’t put it down.

A very solid 4/5 Stars.