Awaited - Lynn Rush This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: May 1, 2012
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 2, Wasteland
Series Best Read In Order: Yes, but worked okay as a standalone
Steam Level: Warm
Pet Peeves: Ancient/Immortal Paired With Young Mate, Forced Nudity
Favorite Tropes: Plane Crash, Fated To Be Mated, Physically Imperfect or Scarred, Mute

I have read the first book in the series, but it’s been a long time, with a lot of books in between. Even so, I was able to keep up fairly well early on, and while I would recommend reading the series in order, I think that this one stands reasonably well on its own, all things considered.

Readers should also be aware that this is considered “Upper YA” or “New Adult”, and does feature some not-quite-closed-door lovemaking, though it’s written in a way that’s considered very mild by today’s romance novel standards.

I loved the blend of action and romance, and the fact that I was a huge fan of Annabelle from the moment that she appeared on the pages didn’t hurt either. The pacing was wonderful, with just enough “down time” between action sequences for both readers and characters alike to be able to catch a breath, but not so much that anything felt like it dragged.

While I do wish the romance would have been a bit steamier, I knew going into it that this was a New Adult romance, and as such, would be a lot lighter on the heat level than the books I typically read, so that was a very minor point.

Overall, I loved it, and am really looking forward to picking up the final book in the trilogy, TAINTED, which just came out earlier this week.

4.5/5 Stars