Demon Bait - Moira Rogers This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: November 29, 2012
Publisher: Samhain
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.moirarogers.com
My Source for This Book: Gift from the author (Bree)
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Children of the Undying.
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Hot

Clocking in at only around 100 pages, Demon Bait packs quite a bit of punch for what could be considered a relatively low word count. With a captivating universe where evil demons have taken over and the world’s human population has taken to the underground for protection, much of a person’s life is spent in virtual reality. Having blamed summoners for bringing down the scourge of demons, humans live in fear and prejudice against those who may carry demon or summoner blood.

Marci was wonderful. She was a strong character without being bitchy, and Gabe was alpha while still desperately trying to find a balance between his instincts and actual consideration for Marci.

While I do of course wish there’d been a few more details of both the history of the demon/summoner relationship and of the realities of the world outside of the compounds, I still found this an incredibly satisfying read.

As always, the love scenes are steamy without ever feeling gratuitous, and the ending was absolutely perfect.

A delightfully solid 4.5/5 Stars, and I’m very much looking forward to reading the sequel.