The Price of Temptation - Lecia Cornwall This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: January 1, 2012 (Available Now)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Imprint: Avon
Author’s Website: http://www.leciacornwall.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: No
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

Lady Evelyn Renshaw might as well be a ruined woman. Married to an accused traitor, she has no idea if her husband is even alive or not, and is living in a sort of limbo, waiting for notification of her husband’s death or capture. Accosted during a ride in the park by a French spy convinced that Evelyn knows more than she’s been letting on, she’s rescued by the handsome Captain Sinjon Rutehrford, recently returned from war.

Sinjon has his own problems — he’s been falsely accused of rape, murder, and treason, while the real perpetrator is a celebrated hero, and he’s returned to England to prove his innocence. When he’s approached by agents of the Crown, he agrees to pose as a servant in Evelyn’s household to report back on whether or not Evelyn knows more than she’s letting on about her husband’s activities or whereabouts.

But neither Evelyn nor Sinjon could predict the scorching chemistry or passionate desire between them, and each has their own reasons for avoiding falling in love. Sinjon isn’t the only one keeping secrets in the Renshaw household, however, and soon both Evelyn and Sinjon find themselves in the middle of a deadly play for power…

Full of mystery, suspense, angst, and steam, I loved that I actually wound up caring about the characters and was completely enthralled by the relationship between Evelyn and Sinjon.

The angst caused by Sinjon’s deception was delicious, and the suspense and action in the story kept me drawn in from the very first chapter. I found that the pacing was wonderful, even though it took a while for any sort of physical relationship between Evelyn and Sinjon to actually begin, and the mystery of both Philip’s whereabouts and the location of a missing relic certainly kept things moving.

While this was my first experience with Lecia Cornwall, I can guarantee that it won’t be my last.

4/5 Stars