Carniepunk - Kevin Hearne, Kelly Gay, Jackie Kessler, Nicole Peeler, Kelly Meding, Hillary Jacques, Allison Pang, Jaye Wells, Delilah S. Dawson, Rob Thurman, Rachel Caine, Seanan McGuire, Mark Henry, Jennifer Estep This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: July 23, 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Imprint: Gallery Books
My Source for This Book: Gift From The Publisher
Steam Level: Varies (Chaste with a Steamy or two thrown in for good measure)

Overall, this anthology was simply wonderful. As most of my readers are well aware, I’m typically glued to my Kindle as I prefer ebooks over printed works in almost every case. Even so, I only had access to a paperback version of this book, and I still couldn’t put it down — that’s high praise from me, indeed!

My favorites were Delilah S. Dawson’s The Three Lives of Lydia and Rachel Caine’s The Cold Girl, but I was also pleasantly surprised by several authors I’ve never read before, including Rob Thurman’s Painted Love, Kevin Hearne’s The Demon Barker of Wheat Street, and Freak House by Kelly Meding.

While the middle of the anthology fell a little flat for me, the hauntingly bitter-sweet ending of Seanan McGuire’s Daughter of the Midway, the Mermaid, and the Open, Lonely Sea was the perfect finishing touch.

Overally, highly recommended for Urban Fantasy fans of all tastes.

A very solid 4.5/5 Stars.