Loving the Marquess - Suzanna Medeiros This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: March 21, 2013
Publisher: Suzanna Medeiros
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.suzannamedeiros.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Landing A Lord series
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy
Pet Peeves: Farfetched Premise (Minor), Too Stupid To Live Moment (Hero)
Favorite Tropes: Scared to Father Heirs, Spinster Heroine, Marriage of Convenience

The main thing holding this story back was the hero’s bullheadedness. First, is his stubborn resolution to stick with his ridiculous plan to have his best friend father an heir. Sure, it sounded like a good idea in theory, back before he’d actually gotten married, and his “wife” was just a nameless, faceless woman who would be receiving the benefits of his title and wealth, and would simply have to lay with a different man that she didn’t love. Not a big deal, considering that his marriage wouldn’t be a love match to begin with, right?

But his determination to see his plan through, even when it became obvious that the idea of Louisa and Kerrick together made him want to break things, made me want to shake him. More than that, however, was the fact that he knew that the disease that killed his brother and his father, and by association, his mother, was made worse by alcohol, and yet the man still drank like a fish. It was that stupidity that really made me throw my hands up in the air.

Still, it was a very entertaining read, with plenty of drama and a wonderful twist at the end.

Recommended for fans of marriages of convenience, heroes determined not to beget heirs of their own due to some sort of hereditary condition that they don’t wish to pass on, and heroines just as determined to woo those husbands.

4/5 Stars