Ethan - P.T. Michelle This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: January 11, 2013
Series Best Read In Order: Prequel can be read before or after Book 1
Steam Level: Chaste
Pet Peeves: Not a Self-Contained Story, Cliff-Hanger
Favorite Tropes: Male Point-of-View, Tattoo

Even though I've read Brightest Kind of Darkness, it's been a long time, and a lot of books in between, and so while I remembered that I enjoyed the book, I honestly didn't remember the specifics of what it was about. As such, I read Ethan almost as a newcomer to the series, and so the only real drawback to this novella was the cliff-hanger ending. This was a rather minor point, since I knew going into it that it ended at a specific point, but I do think newcomers to the series should be aware that this is not a self-contained story in and of itself.

Overall, I loved getting Ethan's point of view, as well as a taste of his back story.  While I would have been a bit disappointed at the lack of actual "romance" in the book had I not already read BKOD, I did enjoy seeing Nara through Ethan's eyes.

While Ethan can be read either before or after reading Brightest Kind of Darkness, I think I would personally recommend reading this second. However, the good news is that at the time of this review, Brightest Kind of Darkness is free* on Kindle. I honestly have no idea how long it will be available at that promotional price, but I reviewed that story when it first came out and gave it 4.5/5 Stars (WHICH YOU CAN READ BY CLICKING HERE), and would highly recommend picking it up while it's still available on this promotion.

4/5 Stars, and recommended for any fan of the series.

*Always check the price of any book before purchasing it. ;)